This year I will be participating in Nanowrimo this November and I am both nervous and excited. In anticipation IO decided to do a Nanowrimo Tag that I saw on Booktube and wanted to give it a try.
This year’s Nanowrimo project is The Helsing Society: Blood Moon War. After years of relative peace between the Witches, Vampires and Werewolves. A few attacks has lead to all sides declaring war on one another. It is up to Natalia, an apprentice of the Helsing Society; a group that monitors supernatural creatures, to figure out what happened and why.
The tag was created by Seihren the Bookish Witch
1. How many years have you participated in NaNo?
-This is my second attempt at Nano. I tried last year and even wrote almost 5,000 words and then I got sick, then very busy. Cross my fingers I will suceed this year.
2. Are you a planner, pantser, or plantser?
-I feel like I am a plantser, I would start with a sort of brief outline of what I want to happen in my novel, but then sometimes I would make things up as a go along.
3. If you are a planner/plantser, what are the first story elements that you flesh out?
-Mostly the characters. I love writing about characters, their backstories, their motivations because I think characters is what makes or breaks a book for me.
4. NaNo Forums? Do you use them?
-Yes, I use some forums. It is nice to see what other projects people are working on and some tips for myself.
5. Writing Buddies? Do you prefer to write socially or alone?
-I like to write a bit socially and a bit alone. It is nice to have some writing buddies and I am on a twitter chat with some fellow Nano writers.
6. Do you diligently write 1,667 words a day, or do you write in spurts
-I write in spurts. I sometimes try to do an hour writing session and write as many words as possible.
7. Do you have a writing totem?
-I do. It is an I AM A WRITER sign that I place above my desk.
8. Do you go to kick-off, write-in, or wrap-up parties?
-Last year I didn’t go to any of the Nano parties, but this year I may go to some write-ins in the area.
9. When writing, are you an analog (handwritten) or digital writer? Does the same apply to when you’re taking notes or brainstorming?
-I have a notebook in which I consider my series “Bible” which has all of my notes with characters, locations, plot elements and worlds. But I usually type my actual manuscript.
10. Share your NaNo username (if you feel comfortable doing so) so that others can connect with you on the NaNo site!
-It is DLouis129, feel free to connect with me!
That is my Nanowrimo Tag. If you are also doing Nanowrimo let me know. I will be your cheerleader.